Meet Declaration Process – THIS IS THE SAME PROCESS AS PREVIOUS YEARSDeclaration will be the week of March 12th to March 19th at 10:00pm
. With this process there are less changes and fewer possibilities for errors. At any time during that week you will be able to declare your entries for the IL Top Times meet via your Direct Athletics account.
NOTE: If you declare, and then afterwards add new performances (or new performances are uploaded) you MUST go back to the declaration page and declare new performances. Your athlete will not be automatically declared. Meet Declaration Process – THIS IS THE SAME PROCESS AS PREVIOUS YEARS
Declaration will be the week of March 12th to March 19th at 10:00pm. With this process there are less changes and fewer possibilities for errors.
At any time during that week you will be able to declare your entries for the IL Top Times meet via your Direct Athletics account. NOTE: If you declare, and then afterwards add new performances (or new performances are uploaded) you MUST go back to the declaration page and declare new performances. Your athlete will not be automatically declared.
You MUST declare your athletes and relays that you wish to compete at the IL Top Times meet. Athletes/relays that are not declared will be SCRATCHED and not considered for the meet.
1) Log in to your coach account at www.directathletics.com
- You may declare only verifiable times/marks on the Illinois Top Times performance list.
- Declaring entries is not a guarantee of acceptance into the meet. We will select the top 12 declared entries in each event, unless noted. We will select the top 22 declared entries for the 200M, the top 24 declared entries for the 400M, and the top 16 declared entries for the 4 x 200M relay. We will select the top 15 declared entries in 1600M and 3200M runs, and the top 24 declared entries in the 60m Dash and 60m Hurdles. This list will be posted by March 22nd at 5pm.
- If you do not see your athlete's top performance when declaring, you must first add it to the IL Top Times performance list and then return to the meet declaration/entry page. (See other instructions on how to add performances to the list)
- You may update your declarations as often as you wish during the week of March 12th until the entry deadline of March 19th at 10:00pm. After this deadline your declarations are FINAL.
- During that week there will be a new Declared Leadership Board. It will be above the current Leadership board on the Illinois Top Times website. (www.illinoistoptimes.com) Coaches, Athletes and Parents can visually see who has been declared.
- To declare your athletes/relays:
2) Under Upcoming Meets, you will see the Illinois Top Times meet listed with a green "Register" link next to it. Click "Register".
3) The system will present the top time/mark for each event, based on the IL Top Times performance list. You must declare or scratch all performances and click Submit.
4) Repeat for other gender as needed
IMPORTANT REMINDERS about DECLARATION—PLEASE READ
--After submitting declarations, you must print and email yourself entry confirmation--this is your official receipt
--All DECLARED performances will be listed publicly at http://www.illinoistoptimes.com. If your performances are not listed publicly as declared, they will NOT be considered for acceptance into the meet
--If new performances are added to the IL Top Times list AFTER you’ve already declared, you must return to the declaration page to declare/scratch the new performance.
--All performances that are not declared will be considered SCRATCHED as of the declaration deadline.
D. Illinois Top Times Championship Meet Entry Verification The athletes who qualify for each event will be posted on our website on March 20th at 8:00pm. Those postings are final. Illinois Top Times Uses Direct Athletics, and only results submitted to DirectAthletics.com appear on Top Times Leaderboards
E. Payment Process
All teams will be required to pay for athletes to participate in the meet. Once again we are offering payment through PayPal. PayPal is PCI DSS compliant for credit card processing. We are trying to discourage payment on the day of the meet to keep registration efficient and timely. Payment on the day of the meet will result in an increase in the fee to $125. From the time you are able to declare athletes until 5pm on March 22nd, 2018, you will be able to pay online. If you are confident that your athlete will qualify, we encourage you to pay early. If you are unsure about qualification, you can pay upon posting of the verifications on March 20th. Because our window is so small, we have made it possible to pay using a school credit card or a personal credit card and get a receipt for reimbursement. Please pay using PayPal, if at all possible. If you are unable to pay online you can send a check. Checks need to be made out to Illinois Top Times. Checks must be postmarked by March 20th and received by March 22nd, 2018 at noon. Checks can be sent to Illinois Top Times, c/o Randy Anderson, P.O. Box 638, Clinton, IL 61727. If we don't receive payment by March 22nd at noon you must pay on site, and the late fee will apply*. Illinois Top Times reserves the right to refuse alternative payment methods if insufficient cause is shown to require such a payment. No refunds will be given from Illinois Top Times. *Please photocopy your check and bring the copy with you and the late fee will not be assessed.
The payment site will be located at http://www.illinoistoptimes.com/paypal-payment, and this site will go live on March 8th. You will be given a field to choose your school, and you must choose a school so that we know which school has paid when you submit payment. Options will be available so a school can choose to make one payment for both boys and girls teams together or separately. Coaches must not assume that the coach or AD paid for both teams. We will keep a running track record of teams who have paid posted on the payment website so coaches know if their team's participation has been paid for or not. If there are any questions or problems using PayPal, please contact Dan Andrews of Illinois Top Times at email@example.com or at 217-731-4670.
As always, we recommend you keep a copy of your receipt and bring it to the meet with you as proof of payment verification. We are trying to streamline this process and appreciate your efforts to be proactive by making sure your athletes are confirmed and the payment is made by the deadline. After the 22nd, we will be working onsite and will not be able to take phone calls or receive email. Please prepare, ask questions now.